A BID (Business Improvement District) is a business-led partnership, looking after the views and
interests of the specific business community it is established to represent and run by a not-for-
The local business community works together and invests collectively in new projects and services that they have prioritised to address opportunities and problems that affect their businesses, staff and customers.
In Brecon, this may well include:
• A collective voice, to ensure that public and private sector bodies are doing their best for our town
• Putting Brecon on the map to promote our town’s businesses and to help attract inward investment
• Providing business savings by collectively buying energy and services such as waste management
• Business to business trading to help make the ‘Brecon Pound’ go further
• Making it easier to get into town and to navigate around it
• Growing the town’s calendar of events
• Working together to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour against businesses
• Enhancing our environment – greener spaces and cleaner spaces
• Gathering data and informing good decisions for our town
The BID will be governed by a voluntary board of directors whose businesses pay the BID levy and other key stakeholders.
This means that businesses can decide and direct what they want for Brecon.